Location: Chicago, IL
The successful candidate will have robust analytical skills and experience in data analysis and statistical modeling. He/she will be a strong communicator and able to execute projects at customer sites. He/she will be self-motivated, creative and solutions-oriented. He/She will be able to take on multiple tasks, projects and responsibilities while maintaining focus.
Education and Training:
Master or work equivalent in applied statistics, or mathematics or of a related quantitative analysis field.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this exempt job. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
- Analysis, design and implementation/programming of Data Analysis/Data Mining/Business Intelligence projects (This will include participating in the formulation of proposals, project planning, task allocation and tracking, statistical analysis, algorithm and application implementations, testing delivery and training.)
- Plan and execute software training and project knowledge transfer to our customers
- Works in cooperation with users, marketing and others in the company to customize features in company products
- Assist with services and pre-sales efforts
Specialized Expertise and Skills:
- Knowledge of SPSS is a must. Knowledge of other commercial statistical packages (S-PLUS, SAS, etc.) is a plus, as is good “commercial awareness.”
- Experience in statistical programming and predictive modeling
- Strong experience with a variety of statistical estimation and forecasting methods
- 2-3 years of experience in statistical consulting in telecommunications or financial services
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team are required.
- Sound project management skills
- Experience of working in a software team environment and with remote development teams is an asset.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Competency in databases (SQL, Oracle, MySQL), programming languages (C, S, Java) and standard operating systems (Window — 2000, 2003, UNIX, Linux) is an asset.
We are offering a great team that is seeking your contribution. We offer competitive compensation and incentive bonus with an exceptional opportunity to grow as our company grows. We strive for a healthy, productive work/life balance, while enjoying the opportunity to substantially contribute to the direction and success of our business.